If a veteran passes away, regardless of whether they are a member of the VFW or not, here is a resource that may assist you in this difficult time. What to Do When a Veteran Has Passed Away

Please Contact Us if you would like the local Hamel VFW and American Legion to assist you with this difficult time.  The veteran does not need to be a member of the Hamel area VFW or American Legion to request our assistance.  Please go to our TAPS page to request Military Honors at the funeral/burial.

If the claimant resides in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, it may be more convenient to come to the VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS CLAIMS OFFICE, Bishop Henry Whipple Federal Building, Room 184, 1 Federal Drive, St. Paul, MN 55111-4007, phone (612) 726- 1777 or (612) 970-5669 or Fax (612) 726-1633.



That the purpose of this Organization shall be fraternal, patriotic, historical, charitable, and educational: to preserve and strengthen comradeship among its members; to assist worthy comrades; to perpetuate the memory and history of our dead; and to assist their widows and orphans; to maintain true allegiance to the Government of the United States of America, and fidelity to its Constitution and laws; to foster true patriotism; to maintain and extend the institutions of American freedom, and to preserve and defend the United States from all her enemies.